Audits - Internal vs. External
Auditing Your Call Center: Internal Vs External*
Your contact center assessment may be performed by one of your employees or an outside consultant. While cost may be a factor, a good audit will deliver a solid return on investment, so it may be penny-wise/pound-foolish to decide on the basis of cost alone. Here's how to make the choice:
Use an Internal Auditor when the Auditor ...
- Has broad and deep experience spanning five or more call centers.
- Is experienced with call center benchmarking.
- Can focus exclusively on the project for two to six weeks.
- Has a knack for both analysis and synthesis.
- Is adept with both numbers and people.
- Can elicit candid input form all levels of staff.
Use an Outside Consultant when ...
- A fresh look and evaluation is needed.
- An impartial, outside opinion is important.
- Broad experience with hundreds of call center programs would be beneficial.
- Extensive audit experience is important.
- In-house auditors don't have time or are unavailable.
*These are general recommendations. Specific strategies and tactics should be based on a review of your needs, market and operation. For outside support contact Lieber & Associates.